Monday, October 22, 2012

Fun filled weekend

Saturday we started off we a relaxing morning just hanging out watching Curious George. Around 2 my friend,Erin who is also a pampered chef consultant came over and we got busy planning for our booth next Saturday at a bazaar. While Erin and I got down to business Lexie napped and Lance and Daddy did some grocery shopping and looked at snow blowers.
Saturday night we went to a pumpkin carving party at a church up in Palmer. We love going to Palmer. It is such a beautiful drive and we always see moose or some other wildlife. The invitation said to bring a side dish and a pumpkin to carve. I made a chocolate lava cake that was done in my deep covered baker in the MICROWAVE!! I give the chocolate lava cake ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. It was super super yummy and so easy!!! Apparently everyone loved it at the party because there was none left at the end of the night.
The party was tons of fun. They had great food, pumpkin carving and judging, and the kids even bobbed for apples!! There were a few kids around 6 years old who were missing their front two teeth so bobbing for apples was pretty difficult.
Lance and Lexie both tried too but I think their mouths are still a little too small. We had a great time!

Sunday morning we tried a new church that we really liked. So now we have two grey choices that are close to home.
I had a pampered chef cooking show Sunday at 2 so Andrew took the kids to McDonald's to eat and play in the play place then back home for naps

Last night we went to sears and to Lowe's in search of a snow blower. We didn't buy one but I think Andrew has narrowed down his choices. We know living in Alaska that it is something we will use 7 months or more out of the year so it is definitely a necessity.

We also had a big event happen on Sunday night; Lexie pooped in the potty!!! I had bought her a potty insert so I didn't have to hold her up on the potty, because she didn't like that. She loved being able to sit like a big girl and it didn't take long before she let me know she was ready to use it. I am so proud of my little girl!! Today we are starting potty training full force. As soon as she wakes up we are heading to the potty and she is getting her big girl underwear on for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment