Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ice Ice Baby!

Yesterday we woke up to a little surprise. I was the first one awake (which is normal for the weekends) and when I went to let Happy out to potty, i realized that it was snowing!!! I sat on the coach sipping my hot chocolate watching the snow out the window for quite some time. Lance was  next to wake up. I couldn't wait to see his face. I asked him what was on the deck outside. He looked out the window and said "sawdust!". He kept staring and then he realized that more was coming down. He then yelled "mom, its snowing!!"  The snow quickly tapered off and it wasn't long till the sun was out.
We decided to do some more exploring. We hadn't traveled very far North of Wasilla so we decided go North. A friend had told me about a glacier. At first, it didn't really interest me. I was thinking, "wow, a block of ice". We researched it a bit and decided we should check it out.
The drive up to Glacier Valley was beautiful!!! They had gotten more snow than us and it was just breathtaking! That is one thing I have found with Alaska, you can't go anywhere without being in Awe of God's awesome creation!! It is gorgeous here!
When we got to the glacier I couldn't believe how awesome it was. This thing was huge and even had a blue tint to it. Matanuska Glacier is 27 miles long by 4 miles wide, and is the largest glacier accessible by car in the United States. I am so glad we decided to go to the glacier. It is so much more than a block of ice. We even walked out on it. We are definielty enjoying all the awesome sights that Alaska has to offer.



Last night we were pretty wore out from that days adventures so we decided to make it a movie night. It just so happened that The Little Mermaid came in the mail that day. We gave the kids their baths, put on their pj's, all got a bowl of ice cream and enjoyed hanging out watching the movie! The Little Mermaid was a huge hit, especially with Lexie!

No comments:

Post a Comment